Social media merger for the five olympic combat sports
I am submitting a $10,000 grant application to the US Olympic Committee for a sports marketing program called Combat Arts for Recovery, where we create a joined marketing community for all five of the olympic combat sports. I am also seeking matching funds for outcomes research for this program from the Foundation for Excellence in Mental Health Care.
Here is the full program description. The short version is that I am trying to see what happens to young people with emotional difficulties if we refer them to olympic combat sports instead of to traditional mental health care. Local sports clubs will be trading a regional combined marketing opportunity for scholarships for selected athletes. We will then track the outcomes of young people who played sports compared to young people who entered the mental health system.
I am looking on this post for feedback from various participant groups during the design phase of this project to see how the program might work out. Comment below or send me an email at corinnawest816 at gmail dot com.
- What age group would you like to work with for this program?
- Are weekly press releases, a website, social media efforts, Olympian commitments, free clinics, and scholarships to nationals a fair trade to 1 – 6 athletes into your program for free?
- What are the main reasons people give you for dropping out of your program? (so we can design solutions ahead of time)
- Can you tell a story of a person you’ve coached who has really turned their life around using combat sports?
- Would you be willing to mentor a young athlete in your age group?
- How have combat sports helped you through difficulty?
- What is the best thing about your sport?
- If you are over 13, do you have any video on You-Tube of you doing your sport that I can use?
- How do we pick a matched control group from the doctor’s offices?
- What are the best outcome studies for this kind of program?
- What kind of informed consents do we need?
- Is 100 kids enough to get solid, statistical outcomes data?
- Would you be willing to prescribe exercise instead of medications?
- Where is the best place in KC to meet with family practice doctors?
- Is it better to approach family practice doctors or psychiatrists?